Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Master Bedroom Plans - Again

Neutral Master Bedroom
So I have another design for my bedroom. This one is all neutrals with a pretty floral for the duvet cover. I've been wanting a quieter room than previous plans. Seriously I just can't get this room right. This is like the 3th or 4th plan. I get half way in and stall because I'm not really in love with the color or it doesn't function well with enough storage or some other reason. I've sold the furniture that I had purchased for my plan from February and have been gathering the furniture needed for this version. It fits into my new cottage / shabby chic design, although its darker/warmer than the look in the rest of the condo. I think its OK for the bedroom to be cozier. I like all the storage I have with this furniture, which is critical in my small condo. Of course I shopped Craigslist instead of stores and saved lots of $$. Guys, that fan is $450! Not sure my budget can take that, but it sure is pretty. The plan is to:
  • Paint the walls SW Latte
  • Paint the ceiling white
  • Paint the trim white
  • Hang the bed crown with lace drapes
  • Decoupage the chest of drawers with vintage sheet music
  • Hand paint the dressing table/chest with a design
  • Paint the jewelry cabinet cream
  • Make cross stitch painted bird art for the wall
  • Purchase a bed skirt, euro shams and decorative pillows
  • Use my Pottery Barn floral duvet cover
  • Purchase some type of decorative window covering. I don't need privacy or light control.
  • In the spring replace the window air conditioner unit
  • Make a cover out of drop clothes for the file cabinet
  • Switch out the closet contents and organizers with the sewing room
  • Change out the current broken ceiling fan
  • Clean up the vintage trunk at the foot of the bed
  • Use the hounds tooth rug that used to be in the living room
I'm trying to work smarter not harder by purchasing ready made bed skirt and euro shams. I also plan on using ready made drapes with the bed crown and windows. So I have eliminated a few potential projects to hopefully make the process go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment