Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Master Bedroom Bedding



Have you seen this Emily + Meritt Metallic Dottie Duvet from Pottery Barn Teen? I'm in love and would happily have it for my bedroom (even though its not meant for a middle aged women). However it's pretty expensive just to have something that my cat will throw up on. The queen duvet is $109 and the bed skirt is $109 plus pillows, shams, sheets, oh my!


My sheets were so old that the elastic was dead and they would no longer stay on the bed. So I purchased new ones. I found a new duvet and sheet set on Amazon the other day and ordered them.  They fit my super deep mattress and my existing duvet insert. They are dark and will show cat hair but not vomit stains. Ugh what a glamorous life I lead. Why does my cat ALWAYS throw up on my bed? I ordered the Clara Clark Premier 1800 Collection sheet set and duvet cover in eggplant. The sheets were $22 and the duvet cover was $32. They arrived the other day and are so soft and silky feeling.

And you'll notice I purchased purple, now the official color (along with black with gold accents) for the master bedroom. I've tried a sample of a purple paint on the walls but it is too dark and too Barney-ish. I was going for something more grayed purple and this didn't show that way on the walls. I have about a million sample chips to pick from. Back to the drawing board.

Do you have to decorate around your pets?

No comments:

Post a Comment